How to check your auto insurance policy expiration date online
The expiration date of the car insurance policy can be checked on the websites of IIB, Vahan and insurance companies.
It is mandatory for all car owners to have a valid liability insurance policy. A car insurance policy has several advantages. If your vehicle is damaged as a result of an accident, the policy will cover the cost of your vehicle. An insurance policy also covers losses that a car owner might suffer due to theft.
For an auto insurance policy to remain valid, it must be renewed on time. Each policy has an expiry date and when an insurance policy expires, you are no longer protected against possible costs. It is therefore very important to know the expiry date of your car insurance policy.
You can check the expiration date of your auto insurance policy in three ways:
1. Check the expiration date via the Insurance Information Bureau
The Insurance Information Bureau of India is a data repository under the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). Full details of the vehicle’s insurance policy can be found on the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) website.
You can follow these steps and check the expiration date of your auto insurance policy online.
• Visit the official IIB website.
• Fill in the required information such as registered name, mobile number, email id, address and car registration number.
• Enter the captcha code and click the submit button.
• The page will then show you your auto insurance policy information.
The page will display your policy details, where you can check the expiration date. Note that the website only contains information for insurance policies taken out after April 1, 2020.
2. Check the expiration date via VAHAN
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways maintains a register of all insurance policies on the VAHAN website. You can view your policy’s expiration date on this website. Follow these steps to check the expiration date:
• Visit the VAHAN e-service website.
• Click the Know Your Details button.
• On the next page, enter your vehicle number and verification code.
• Click on the Find a vehicle button.
3. Check the expiration date via your insurer
Your insurance provider also keeps records of your insurance policies. You can log on to your insurer’s official website and view your car insurance policy details.
Read all the latest news, breaking news, watch the best videos and live TV here.